Monday, November 23, 2015

Zite/Flipboard


I have a bad habit of reacting negatively when a personal routine is disrupted (according to my wife). When I learned that my favorite news aggregator, Zite, had been purchased by CNN and would be discontinued, I almost wrote a negative blog post and signed the petition to save Zite. 

However, I was wrong (at least for the present). When Zite goes away users will be able to view their Zite category feeds in Flipboard and the experience is great. I guess I like "flipping" through the headlines, examining what interests me in depth, and sharing what I want to save to Evernote. 

I do have recommendation for non-Zite users though. Do immediately create a Zite account (iOS or android app) and identify the news categories you would like to follow. The Zite method of collecting stories somehow generates great content and by creating a Zite account and then moving it to Flipboard it appears you can take advantage of the Zite methodology.




No comments: